Woodbury Days Medallion Hunt.
The 2023 Medallion was found the evening of Aug. 17.
Sponsored by the Woodbury Lions Club
Woodbury Days medallion hunt is on & the prize is bigger thanks to the Woodbury Lions
Woodbury Days takes place Aug. 18-20, and preceding the city festival is the annual medallion hunt, sponsored by the Woodbury Lions. Mathias Baden of Edina Realty-Baden Real Estate Group writes the clues to find the medallion in a park or public land in Woodbury.
The lucky finder of the medallion will receive a prize of $1,000 cash if the finder has a Woodbury Days Button of Savings, or $500 of the prize without a button.
Medallion hunters are asked to immediately call 612-327-1748 when the medallion is found. For more information on the Woodbury Days Button or to find out if the medallion has been found, visit www.woodburydays.com.
The first clue will be released Thursday, Aug. 10. Additional clues will be revealed daily through Saturday, Aug. 19, or until the treasure is found. There is no longer a medallion hunt phone hotline.
Clues 1-8 will be released online only, at 6:30 p.m. on www.woodburydays.com.
Clues 9-10, if necessary, will be released early in-person at Woodbury Days in front of the Ojibway Park Building and then they will be posted online.
Hunt rules also include:
- The finder of the Woodbury Days Medallion agrees to be photographed, and gives express permission for Woodbury Days and Woodbury Lions to use the finder’s likeness for marketing purposes.
- Those with a close affiliation to the City of Woodbury, Woodbury Lions Club, Woodbury Days Council, or Baden Real Estate Group are ineligible to find the medallion or win the prize.
- For safety reasons, the medallion will not be hidden in Eagle Valley Golf Course, the Splash Pad at Madison’s Place Playground, inside Central Park, fields at M Health Fairview Sports Center, Andy’s Bark Park, the Carver Lake Off-road Cycling Trail, the Carver Lake Bike Park nor the Skate Park at Ojibway Park.
- The medallion will be hidden in a city owned park or public land. You will not need to enter private property to find the medallion.
- Search, but do not destroy or damage any property. You will not need to dig, climb, bend, or break any object to find the medallion.
- Individuals may not win more than once.
- The purpose of the Woodbury Days Medallion hunt is to promote city parks and public land in a positive way, in anticipation of the city festival. Be respectful of city property and other medallion hunters. Stay off private property.